Each day hundreds of thousands of people with dementia are bathed against their will. Their overt or nonverbal refusals are often ignored, and they are removed without permission from their beds and wheelchairs and taken to an often cold, imperson... Read More +
You Now Have Two Options for the Award-Winning Bathing Without a Battle Training
Both provide person-centered, practical approaches to care, information on innovative bathing equipment and supplies, policy recommendations, and guidance for regulatory compliance.
NEW for October 2016 FREE ONLINE SELF‐STUDY with FREE CE CREDITS
- Nurses can receive 2.5 contact hours.
- Nursing assistants can receive a certificate for 2 training hours.
50‐MINUTE DVD for GROUP INSERVICE TRAINING OR INDIVIDUAL SELF-STUDY
- Printable Instructor’s Guide available (see FAQs for details)
Bathing Without a Battle in the News
- Recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid as a clinical practice guideline
- Winner of the 2007 David Peterson Award for best paper in Gerontology and Geriatrics Education
- Included in the Artifacts of Culture Change tool
- Over 20,000 copies in use worldwide
- Training using Bathing Without a Battle materials shown to reduce agitation during bathing
- A recent report by the Kaiser Foundation cites how one nursing home administrator used Bathing without a Battle techniques to improve care and quality of bathing for her residents.
UPDATED WEB MATERIALS
Products and supplies recently updated and reformatted for easier, more reliable searching
ABOUT THE UPDATED DVD
New in 2015 - Instructors guide for inservice training and providing CE credit
COMING IN 2017!!
A Spanish Language DVD on Bathing Without a Battle
Because no two people are the same, you should be knowledgeable about different ways of bathing different people. Some creative bathing approaches include the Bed Bath, Towel Bath, and the Singing Bath. These and other approaches are discussed here... Read More +
As important as your approach to the resident is, the physical environment of the bathing area is also important. There are a broad range of products, many of which are featured in the video, that can help make the bathing experience more pleasant and safer - for both you and the person you are assisting... Read More +