Each day hundreds of thousands of people with dementia are bathed against their will. Their overt or nonverbal refusals are often ignored, and they are removed without permission from their beds and wheelchairs and taken to an often cold, imperson... Read More +
You Now Have Two Options for the Award-Winning Bathing Without a Battle Training
Both provide person-centered, practical approaches to care, information on innovative bathing equipment and supplies, policy recommendations, and guidance for regulatory compliance.
FREE ONLINE SELF‐STUDY with FREE CE CREDITS
- 2 to 2.5 hours of material, with the option of reviewing over multiple days.
- Online, interactive format with activities throughout.
- Designed for individual self-study.
- Nurses can receive 2.5 CE credits.
- Nursing assistants can receive a certificate for 2 training hours.
60‐MINUTE DVD for GROUP INSERVICE TRAINING OR INDIVIDUAL SELF-STUDY
- 60 minutes of material, ideal for learning material in one sitting.
- Lecture/demonstration format.
- Designed for in-service training to groups.
- Printable Instructor’s Guide available (see FAQs for details)
- 1.0 CE credits available for nurses and nursing assistants
NOW AVAILABLE AS A ONE-HOUR SPANISH LANGUAGE TRAINING DVD, ENTITLED "UN BAÑO, NO UNA BATALLA"
Order your copy from this website - available in bulk at a discount
Because no two people are the same, you should be knowledgeable about different ways of bathing different people. Some creative bathing approaches include the Bed Bath, Towel Bath, and the Singing Bath. These and other approaches are discussed here... Read More +
As important as your approach to the resident is, the physical environment of the bathing area is also important. There are a broad range of products, many of which are featured in the video, that can help make the bathing experience more pleasant and safer - for both you and the person you are assisting... Read More +